This year for Christmas, I got a migraine! Well, actually I got 4 days of insane nausea (including throwing up) plus tons of pain EVERYWHERE! This did not come as a surprise to me. I had traveled the weekend prior to different climates and came home to stress with my family that completely threw me over the edge. So I spent my Christmas Eve, Christmas, both before and after the way I spend most holidays (smiling on the outside and really battling inside).
So today is the first day I’ve been well enough to look through my gifts and reflect. I got some great gifts that I thought I’d share. None of these I am sponsored by and have tried to refrain from showing brands. Here’s what I got for My Migraine Life:
- Heated neck wrap- I use both heat and ice for different reasons. I already have this neck wrap but got another one because I use it so often. My old one has broken down over time and once I find things I love, I tend to buy them again. I love the weight on my shoulders and neck. I even lay it on my face and head for sinus pressure.
- Headphones- My husband bought these for me and I am excited to use them! I don’t like ear buds. I have a small head and the buds hurt my ears. So I got some headphones that will reduce noise, are super comfy, and will help me while I fly. I’m so sensitive to noise and know I will use them a ton. If you notice, my headphones and water bottle are purple which is the Migraine Awareness color.
- Essential oil- I still have not found a brand and type of oil that I’m in love with so I use a variety in my search. The kind I received is in a roller that I will keep in my purse. It has a pleasant smell that I can use to distract me from heavily saturated smelly places and on my pressure points to help me relax. I currently have one and use it often when I’m out and feel my migraine raising.
- Yoga pants- I try to move and stretch my body as much as possible. As a stay at home mom and woman who fits in a workout where she can, I live in workout pants. I know it’s a running joke about wearing workout clothes out but I’m busy and if I’m dressed to move, I do. Working out helps my migraines and sometimes escalates them so it’s a balance.
- Love, hope, migraine tshirt- I have been trying to support migraine awareness by wearing clothing that talk about migraines. I have supported foundations and received tshirts and I have received ones like this that have the word migraine on it. I like to wear these clothes in hopes that someone will ask me about migraine awareness or feel comfortable to talk to me about their situation. Just wearing a tshirt brings awareness.
- Infusion water bottle- I try to drink as much water as possible to stay hydrated. I get sick of water! I got an amazing infusion water bottle with recipes to flavor my water naturally. When I buy flavored water I see ingredients that I don’t know and what I don’t know about ingredients usually triggers me. I’m excited to be putting real natural flavors into my water! I know my kids will love it too!
While I was sick at Thanksgiving and at Christmas I know I’ll live to fight another day. I’m lucky my family is thoughtful enough to give me some tools to fight more.
What did you get for Christmas that may help?