I wish weather swings were as fun as real swings. The way my kids laugh going up and down, back and forth looks fun. Instead, the temperature goes up and down making my head sway back and forth and it’s no fun at all!
Weather is a huge trigger for me! Living in Cleveland is not ideal for this! From what I’ve read, it happens most places but living in the snow belt is intense.
This week we had a 30 degree shift in two days! There goes my head. The barometric pressure squeezes me like a vice. I have a barometer in my kitchen but I don’t need it because I am triggered before it registers. My allergies kick up and my head gets so much pressure in it I feel like my eyes are popping out.
The wind, hail and lightning against my windows gave me generalized pain EVERYWHERE. The migraine, my joints, my stomach, the fatigue all revolved around the weather. I’m so much better when it just stays the same.
So how do I stop the weather? I haven’t been able to figure that one out. I have no ideas on how to even prepare for the swings when I know it is coming. I don’t like to take meds to prevent them because I would be doing that several times a day with the amount of triggers I have and the pain state I live.
So how do I help myself during the swings?
- I drink lots of water
- Avoid being out in the elements
- Keep my rescue meds close by
- Eat anti inflammatory foods
- Stay on my sleep schedule
- Try to take stress in stride while doing a bit of yoga or meditation
- Take benedryl or allergy medicine
- Take an Epsom bath with essential oils
- Continue to do what I can to brace the not so fun swing I’m about to ride
Where do you live?
How do you deal with weather swings and shifts?