One of my favorite foundations, American Migraine Foundation, is starting a new initiative.
About The American Migraine Foundation
The American Migraine Foundation (AMF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of research and awareness surrounding migraine, a disabling disease that impacts 36 million men, women and children in the United States. The AMF was founded in 2010 to provide access to information and resources for individuals living with migraine, as well as their loved ones. Working alongside the American Headache Society, the AMF’s mission is to mobilize a community for patient support and advocacy, as well as drive and support innovative research that will lead to improvement in the lives of individuals living with migraine and other disabling diseases that cause severe head pain.
AMF launched the Move Against Migraine initiative to help educate individuals about migraine, as well as resources, such as information on treatment and experts.
- Move Against Migraine integrates advertising, public relations and social and digital media, as well as radio and television public service announcement.
- Through the initiative the AMF intends to change the conversation around migraine and mobilize a large community to advocate for themselves and others to increase funding for research.
- The initiative aims to help individuals:
- Learn more about migraine and the treatment options via AMF online research and education library – visit https://americanmigrainefoundation.org/
- Find help by visiting our website to connect with migraine experts (there is a Find a Doctor tool), learn from content developed by renowned migraine experts, or searching for a clinical trial investigating new treatment options
- Get connected by joining our Move Against Migraine community on Facebook, and use your voice on social media to join together with others living with migraine and other diseases that cause severe head pain.
- The Facebook group, Move Against Migraine, connects leading migraine and headache specialists with those living with migraine and other diseases that cause severe head pain. The platform features regular Facebook Live events with migraine experts, information and research updates.