Happy June! Today marks the first day of Migraine Awareness Month!!!
I know a lot of you are thinking, “But how can I help?” This month I will be sharing information and advocacy opportunities from a variety of migraine organizations that I am involved with and follow. I can’t wait for you to get involved also.
The simplest way to participate is sharing information, following on all social media and virtually “making some noise.” Share with your followers how you suffer, important information and help break down the stigma.
To start the month out, I’d like to ask for your donation and participation with an organization that you’ve heard me talk about…..Miles for Migraine.
Miles for Migraine vision is ” to create some “big noise” in the migraine community and raise awareness that migraine and headache disorders are more than “a headache”. We are making great strides by growing our signature event, the Miles for Migraine 2-Mile walk, 5K/10K run; and by expanding our newer programs – a day camp for adolescents who have chronic migraine, and our adult seminar series”
On June 10, the Cincinnati walk/run will be at Otto Armleder Memorial Park
How can you participate?
There are a few ways to support:
- Join My Migraine Life Team. If you live close enough to walk/run, please join my team! I’d love to see you there. Go here and join team
- If you’d like to donate and support my fundraising efforts but won’t be able to make the walk, go here and donate
- If you are unable to walk/run but want to participate.
- If you are local and want to participate but are unable to walk/run we’d love for you to come anyways! Join my team and come to meet all the wonderful advocates and migraine supporters. There will be a quiet tent to rest and you are not obligated to walk. Your donation and presence is much appreciated! We are all doing what we can do and any effort are spoons well spent.
- If you don’t live locally but would like to support. Please donate to my page and participate virtually. You can walk and raise money without being at an event. Join the team and ask others to help raise funds.
- Ask a friend, co worker or loved one to help you raise money. You’ll be surprised at how many are affected by migraine and are happy to help make a difference.
- If you want to donate but don’t have the funds. I totally get it. Between the price of medications and therapies and difficulty with keeping a job, it can be even harder to donate. Remember that $10 makes a difference. Each dollar goes a long way and any donation takes us a step closer to helping many!
- If none of these are an option, please share this post. Sharing is caring and if you can’t support maybe a friend can. It’s all about not being alone and spreading a message. Everyone can share!
Please consider donating to My Migraine Life team and my personal fundraiser page. Follow along on all social media and share, share, share this month. Teaching your audience/social media followers how strong you are to be fighting migraine for yourself or for others will go really far.
Please join us on June 10, 2018 for the inaugural Cincinnati Walk/Run
Date/Time: Sunday June 10, 2018 8:30 AM
Location: Otto Armleder Memorial Park
Distance: 2 Mile Walk / 5K Run / 10k Run
“Miles for Migraine is a registered 501(c)(3) Non-Profit with the mission of improving the lives of migraine patients and their families, raising public awareness about headache disorders, and helping find a cure for migraine. Miles for Migraine produces fun walk/run events, typically 2 mile walk and 5k and 10k race to raise money for migraine research. We also host youth camps for kids and teens impacted by migraine or other headache disorders.”
This years Cleveland’s race was such a success and I hope to make Cincinnati’s inaugural walk/run the same. Here’s some highlights:
To sign up to the Cincinnati walk/run please follow these directions:
If you are donating: click on “donate to participant” on left side bar
Look up name: Sarah Rathsack and donate to my page 🙂
If you are registering: “view teams” on left side bar
Join team My Migraine Life
If you donate or register, in general, I will not get credit for my referral. Miles for Migraine tracks their top fundraisers and referrals. Please donate to my page or join team My Migraine Life to give our great community a voice and show how united My Migraine Lifers can be. Whether it’s for you, a family member, a friend or co workers. You are fighting and walking to make a difference. Your support is so appreciated!!!!!!
*Please notify me if you have donated or joined our team! I would like to thank you personally and know that your donation has gone to my page and team. I really am grateful for your consideration!!!
On Sunday, April 21st, 2018 I am lacing up my sneakers and participating in the first annual Miles for Migraine Walk/Run Cleveland, OH. This event benefits a cause that effects so many and has a mission that is particularly close to my heart and my family.
Miles for Migraine is a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of people impacted by migraine, and their families through social awareness, community and supporting research efforts for a cure. Migraine is not “just a headache”. Migraine is the second leading cause of “Years lived with Disability”. In the United States, more than 37 million people have migraine. Everyone either knows someone who has migraine or struggles with migraine themselves.
This year I’m so excited to announce that Miles for Migraine is coming to Cleveland! In the past, I have raised money and participated virtually. Here’s how we did last year. This year my goal is $400 in honor of beginning my 4th year writing My Migraine Life (In June) and taking steps toward a better Migraine Life for myself and millions of others. This is Cleveland’s inaugural race! I’m so excited to be there in person and walk my miles along side so many migraine supporters.
Please consider joining the My Migraine Life team or donating and participating virtually. Getting to my goal will bring us all closer to an improved Migraine Life.
This year, I started a virtual team for Miles for Migraine. “Miles for Migraine is a registered 501(c)(3) Non-Profit with the mission of improving the lives of migraine patients and their families, raising public awareness about headache disorders, and helping find a cure for migraine. Miles for Migraine produces fun run events, typically 5k and 10k races to raise money for migraine research, and also hosts youth camps for kids and teens impacted by migraine or other headache disorders.”
I love this race because we all can participate virtually. My goal is to raise $300 in honor of my blog being 3 years old this summer!
Please go to my pledge page and make a donation if you are able. All or part of your donation may be tax deductible as a charitable contribution.
The fundraiser will go through the month of June in honor of Migraine Awareness Month. If you’d like to see me reach a goal, please specify and I will do my best to honor it. If you’d like to make a miles goal, please take a picture of yourself making those miles for My Migraine Life and I will happily post it and give encouragement as always.
The great part is, no race day, no big commitment, just motivation. If you don’t have the money to donate, please participate by walking a mile or moving one day and tag me in your success.
I want to thank any of you in advance for your donation and participation. The smallest amount makes the biggest difference. THANK YOU!
*Once you’ve donated and/or made a commitment to walk a mile, don’t forget you have a chance for something FREE!!!! Enter my giveaway for a Migraine Awareness Band that ends 6/10/2017 Enter NOW!!!