Migraine and Headache Awareness month begins today! I will fully admit that I may be a bit behind on posting due to a cycle of migraine that just will not go away! I will be participating and challenging myself each day to do some kind of advocacy for migraine and headache awareness.
Day one is simple:
I’m asking you to share this post and invite others to follow:
My Migraine Life
I think you will be shocked to see who suffers from migraine and headache disorders. I can’t tell you how many people I have run into that say, “I don’t suffer like you, but I do get headaches or migraines in my own way……” We all suffer differently but can learn so much from each other. By others following they can learn from my experiences and I can learn from theirs. Supporters (parents, friends, co workers, bosses, neighbors) will learn how to help a loved one and understand the depths of migraine and headache disorders.
Knowledge is power and following will give you added power to fight!
This month My Migraine Life will be giving you opportunities to:
· WIN a giveaway
· Fundraise for migraine and headache disorders
· Learn new information
· Find and receive ways of support
· Make some social media “noise”
Some events allow you to spend your money on fundraisers or products that help sufferers. Some events don’t require money and only ask for your participation. Some events are to teach you while others are to support you. There is a variety of ways to make Migraine and Headache Awareness Month a success.
So first things first…….follow and share on all social media to get as many involved as possible. Together we can make a difference!
One of my favorite foundations, American Migraine Foundation, is starting a new initiative.
About The American Migraine Foundation
The American Migraine Foundation (AMF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of research and awareness surrounding migraine, a disabling disease that impacts 36 million men, women and children in the United States. The AMF was founded in 2010 to provide access to information and resources for individuals living with migraine, as well as their loved ones. Working alongside the American Headache Society, the AMF’s mission is to mobilize a community for patient support and advocacy, as well as drive and support innovative research that will lead to improvement in the lives of individuals living with migraine and other disabling diseases that cause severe head pain.
AMF launched the Move Against Migraine initiative to help educate individuals about migraine, as well as resources, such as information on treatment and experts.
Check out the full press release here
- Move Against Migraine integrates advertising, public relations and social and digital media, as well as radio and television public service announcement.
- Through the initiative the AMF intends to change the conversation around migraine and mobilize a large community to advocate for themselves and others to increase funding for research.
- The initiative aims to help individuals:
- Learn more about migraine and the treatment options via AMF online research and education library – visit https://americanmigrainefoundation.org/
- Find help by visiting our website to connect with migraine experts (there is a Find a Doctor tool), learn from content developed by renowned migraine experts, or searching for a clinical trial investigating new treatment options
- Get connected by joining our Move Against Migraine community on Facebook, and use your voice on social media to join together with others living with migraine and other diseases that cause severe head pain.
- The Facebook group, Move Against Migraine, connects leading migraine and headache specialists with those living with migraine and other diseases that cause severe head pain. The platform features regular Facebook Live events with migraine experts, information and research updates.