Happy June! Today marks the first day of Migraine Awareness Month!!!
I know a lot of you are thinking, “But how can I help?” This month I will be sharing information and advocacy opportunities from a variety of migraine organizations that I am involved with and follow. I can’t wait for you to get involved also.
The simplest way to participate is sharing information, following on all social media and virtually “making some noise.” Share with your followers how you suffer, important information and help break down the stigma.
To start the month out, I’d like to ask for your donation and participation with an organization that you’ve heard me talk about…..Miles for Migraine.
Miles for Migraine vision is ” to create some “big noise” in the migraine community and raise awareness that migraine and headache disorders are more than “a headache”. We are making great strides by growing our signature event, the Miles for Migraine 2-Mile walk, 5K/10K run; and by expanding our newer programs – a day camp for adolescents who have chronic migraine, and our adult seminar series”
On June 10, the Cincinnati walk/run will be at Otto Armleder Memorial Park
How can you participate?
There are a few ways to support:
- Join My Migraine Life Team. If you live close enough to walk/run, please join my team! I’d love to see you there. Go here and join team
- If you’d like to donate and support my fundraising efforts but won’t be able to make the walk, go here and donate
- If you are unable to walk/run but want to participate.
- If you are local and want to participate but are unable to walk/run we’d love for you to come anyways! Join my team and come to meet all the wonderful advocates and migraine supporters. There will be a quiet tent to rest and you are not obligated to walk. Your donation and presence is much appreciated! We are all doing what we can do and any effort are spoons well spent.
- If you don’t live locally but would like to support. Please donate to my page and participate virtually. You can walk and raise money without being at an event. Join the team and ask others to help raise funds.
- Ask a friend, co worker or loved one to help you raise money. You’ll be surprised at how many are affected by migraine and are happy to help make a difference.
- If you want to donate but don’t have the funds. I totally get it. Between the price of medications and therapies and difficulty with keeping a job, it can be even harder to donate. Remember that $10 makes a difference. Each dollar goes a long way and any donation takes us a step closer to helping many!
- If none of these are an option, please share this post. Sharing is caring and if you can’t support maybe a friend can. It’s all about not being alone and spreading a message. Everyone can share!
Please consider donating to My Migraine Life team and my personal fundraiser page. Follow along on all social media and share, share, share this month. Teaching your audience/social media followers how strong you are to be fighting migraine for yourself or for others will go really far.